Welcome to our thriving medium-sized regional public accounting firm, where we’re redefining the world of accounting with a fresh perspective and a dash of innovation. Led by a progressive Partnership team, we’re not just an ordinary firm – we’re a vibrant community driven by a strong sense of camaraderie and professional excellence.
As a Staff Accountant at our firm, you’ll play an important role in our mission to provide exceptional service and expert solutions to our clients.
Your days as a Staff Accountant are a dynamic blend of responsibilities that keep you engaged and empowered. Mornings might involve diving into compilations or reviews, working closely with clients and team members to compile information, and ensure precision and thoroughness. At times, you may dip into bookkeeping tasks as part of a file, maintaining meticulous records that underline your versatility.
Your expertise shines as you help prepare corporate and personal tax returns, providing clients with confidence. Beyond traditional accounting duties, you play a pivotal role in mentoring co-op students, sharing insights that contribute to their growth.
This Job Is for You If…
- You have a solid foundation in accounting principles, regulations and tax laws, and you enjoy putting this knowledge to work.
- You find satisfaction in meticulously reviewing financial documents, detecting nuances that others may miss and ensuring precisions.
- You thrive on unraveling complex financial data, turning numbers into actional insights, and contributing to informed decision- making.
- You’re skilled at juggling multiple files, meeting deadlines and maintaining accuracy even under pressure.
- You’re driven by the desire to understand clients’ unique financial needs and build lasting relationships, helping the team go the extra mile to exceed expectations where you can.
- With at least 2 years in public accounting (though you may have more), you’re ready for something new and refreshing.
Your Journey, Your Rewards…
We believe in taking care of those who drive our success. That’s why we offer:
- Competitive base salary with flexible pay for performance: Your salary covers our standard 1964 annual work hours. Any extra hours that you work through the year are banked and can be used as paid time off or can be paid out quarterly.
- A total compensation package that includes comprehensive benefits, GRSP matching program, paid wellness days, and performance bonuses.
- Stability and Fulfillment: Our firm is built on the foundation of stability and long-lasting client relationships. You can thrive in an environment that aligns with your goal of making a consistent and significant contribution.
- An environment committed to continuous learning. Receive support and camaraderie through mentorship, ongoing training, and the chance to pursue areas of interest.
- A workplace that values balance. We understand that your career journey might not be about climbing the ladder but rather enjoying a fulfilling work-life balance. Our flexible arrangements accommodate your needs while ensuring top-tier performance. We offer flexible work arrangements, work shorter hours in the summers (Fridays off), and we take a flexible approach to overtime: there are opportunities to work the number of hours that you are comfortable with.
Ready to be part of something bigger? This is your invitation to be more than an accountant. With our friendly culture, strong community, and innovative spirit, you’ll find not just a job, but a team that empowers and uplifts you. Your new journey starts here. Apply now and let’s redefine excellence together.
Come and Join our Inclusive and Progressive Accounting Firm in St. Catharines
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with our firm, please apply by e-mail at email@example.com and address your application to Melissa Stevens. Including where you heard about this job in your application would be helpful. While we thank all applicants for their interest, we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.